RoboClaw 2x15A Motor Controller (V5)
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: RB-01C071
- Availability: 50
- Sales Volume: 55
Tags: RoboClaw, Robot, Pololu, Motor Controller, Robotic Car Motor Driver, Electronics, Motor, DC Motor, Geared Motor, Robot Motor, ALSRobot, Arduino, Sparkfun, Pololu, Raspberry Pi, Microcontroller, Robotics Kit, Sensor, Picoboard, Scratch, 3D Printing
The RoboClaw motor controllers from Orion Robotics can control a pair of brushed DC motors using serial, RC, or analog inputs. Integrated dual quadrature decoders make it easy to create a closed-loop speed control system, or analog feedback can be used for position control. This version can supply a continuous 15 A per channel (30 A peak).
The RoboClaw from Orion Robotics (formerly Basic Micro) is an efficient, versatile, dual-channel synchronous regenerative motor controller. It can supply two brushed DC motors with 5 A, 15 A, 30 A, or 60 A continuous (depending on the model) at voltages from 6 to 34 V, and it allows for peak currents up to twice the maximum continuous rating.
The RoboClaw features dual quadrature decoding capability. A built-in PID routine can be used for closed-loop speed control, maintaining motor speeds even if the load varies, or the encoder counts and speeds can be read directly from the RoboClaw for use with an external control system. Analog feedback is also supported for closed-loop position control.
Several interface modes are supported by the RoboClaw: it can be controlled via TTL serial for use with an embedded system or a PC with a serial adapter, RC hobby servo pulses for use as an RC-controlled electronic speed control (ESC), or analog voltages for use with potentiometers or analog joysticks.
- Size:2.1″ × 2.9″ × 0.9″
- Weight:60 g
- Motor channels:2
- Control interface:USB; non-inverted TTL serial (2-way);RC servo pulses; analog voltage1
- Minimum operating voltage:6 V
- Maximum operating voltage:34 V
- Continuous output current per channel:15 A
- Peak output current per channel:30 A
- Simple bidirectional control of two brushed DC motors
- 6 V to 34 V operating supply range
- 7.5 A to 60 A maximum continuous current output, depending on controller model
- Automatic current limiting reduces duty cycle when motor current is between 1× and 2× the controller’s rated current
- Four communication or control options:1.USB serial interface (virtual COM port) 2.Logic-level (TTL) serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers 3.Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller 4. 0-2 V (5 V tolerant) analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks
- Dual feedback inputs for PID closed-loop control:1.Speed control with quadrature encoders, up to 19.6 million encoder pulses per second 2.Position control with analog encoders or potentiometers 3.(Open-loop control with no feedback also available)
- Screw terminals for quick connect/disconnect
- Configurable via pushbutton interface
- Regenerative braking
- Tolerates high-speed direction changes
- Jumper-selectable 5 V BEC
- Battery monitoring and under-voltage cutoff protects batteries from over-discharging