Sparkfun OpenSegment Shield - Red - 20mm
- Brand: Sparkfun
- Product Code: RB-05L014
- Availability: Out Of Stock
We love 7-segment displays and we know you do too, so we have made the easiest (arguably) to use medium for you to get up and running and use! This red OpenSegment Shield was specifically designed to run on top of most Arduino Uno compatible boards, all you need to do is attach headers to the shield and snap it in, no bread boards required. The OpenSegment Shield still combines a classic 4-digit 7-segment display and an ATMega328 microcontroller allowing you to control every segment individually using only a few serial lines.
Just like our other 7-segment boards, the OpenSegment Shield can be controlled in one of three ways: Serial TTL communication, SPI serial communication or I2C serial. This shield is very similar to our other OpenSegment Displays, the biggest benefit to this board is its ease of use thanks to the Arduino Uno form factor.
- 4 digit white alpha-numeric display with Serial Comm, SPI or I2C Serial Interface
- Display numbers, many letters, and a few special characters
- Individual control of decimal points
- Selectable baud rate
- Selectable brightness
- Baud rate and brightness values retained in non-volatile memory
- Individual segment control for each digit
- Arduino Uno Form Factor